Bed Bug Control & Treatment
If you wake up with unexplained bug bites or rashes or odd spots, bloodstains on sheets, pillowcases, and mattresses, you may have bed bugs. Bed bugs feed on human blood and sometimes on your pets. The itchy rashes you get after a bug bites are due to an allergic reaction. You should seek medical attention if any infection is present. You can also try antihistamine medications, calamine lotion, oatmeal baths, corticosteroid cream, or medications like ibuprofen for the treatment of the allergic reaction.
How Do Bed Bugs Infest Your Home?
Bed bugs can invade your home when they hitch a ride in your luggage or you buy soft goods at a secondhand store or at a garage or yard sale.They can also come in when your cleaning service brings their vacuum and cleaning rags from someone's home. Bed bugs could already be hiding in the carpet when you move in, or they can migrate from adjoining apartments and condos.
It is impossible to get rid of bed bugs without specialized treatment from knowledgeable professionals. Alliance Pest Management of Scottsdale, AZ uses state-of-the-art methods to remove all bed bugs from your home. Our products are environmentally friendly as well as safe for both children and pets.
What To Do Before We Arrive
- Vacuum throughout your home, place the vacuum bag in a plastic garbage bag and take it promptly out of the house. For a bag-less vacuum, wash the dust cup in hot, soapy water.
- Besides carpets and rugs, vacuum draperies and upholstered furniture and all mattress and box springs on both sides, taking care to get into all cracks and seams. Pay attention to baseboards and along walls after moving furniture at least 18 inches from the walls.
- Put all of your clothes into heavy-duty plastic bags for treatment.
- All pillowcases, blankets, and towels should also be placed into heavy-duty plastic bags for us to treat.
- The kid's stuffed animals and the dog or cat's bed also needs to be placed into heavy-duty plastic bags, ready for our treatment.
- Buy zippered covers for your mattress and box springs to place on after treatment.